Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Road to St. Joseph

I had court this morning in St. Joseph, which to those not familiar with Michigan geography, is in the southwest corner of the state on Lake Michigan. I had been there once before and remembered why it is one of the nicest towns in the state. Besides all the water surrounding it, St. Joseph's downtown has clean streets with cobblestone sidewalks and cool shops. The last time I was there, in the summer of 2002, there was a Gus Macker tournament throughout the downtown streets. Today there were ice sculptures up and down the main street. The only drawback to going to St. Joseph is having to drive through Benton Harbor.

Almost 22 years after its release, I still think it's cool that Prince's classic "When Doves Cry" is the only number one single to not have any bass playing.

Pretentiousness is a late model Lexus with a bumper sticker that reads, "I would rather be driving my Bentley."

If the amount of road kill I saw today is any indication, Michigan has some pretty slow animals.

I reached Climax today, twice. That's Climax the city at exit 88 on I-94. Get your minds out of the gutter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Larry King writing your blog entries now?

The Zwicker said...

That's what you get with me when I drive three hours have a five minute hearing and then drive three hours back. Of course, I am wearing suspenders.

Air Time said...

I hope to reach Climax on June 14. Will you be there?

The Zwicker said...

Is this going to be a group of guys reaching Climax together in an RV? It sounds like Brokeback Drive-A-Thon to me.

Noahdaddy said...

Are you calling the Drive-A-Thon gay???!!!?? If so, I am shocked!!!! Shocked!!!!

The Zwicker said...

If the guys on the Drive-A-Thon reach climax together, it just might be. Oh wait a minute, Air was talking about the city. I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»