Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Parent of the Month

This morning while driving to court, I was behind a mini van at a stop sign on eastbound Ten Mile Road right before Coolidge. The stop sign's purpose is to give priority to traffic flying up the off ramp from I-696. The mini van didn't move long after any traffic passed. I honked the horn once quickly and the mini van proceeded and moved into the next lane. As I passed, I noticed that the driver and passenger looked like a mother and her son who seemed to be around twelve years old or so. I also noticed that they were both giving me the bird.

I don't offend easily and this incident didn't come anywhere near that threshold. At the same time, I found it sad that a parent would teach or at least condone the kid's actions. Growing up, I would never imagine my parents encouraging or even allowing me to curse or gesture at someone like that. I'm sure that my parents weren't naive enough to think that I never heard or used any of the words that I would not dare use in their presence, but they certainly would not encourage me to use them either.

2 comments:

Just Shu said...

as sad as it is, it's still pretty funny

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»