Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Only In America 2006

I recently started learning Shabbat mornings with Gil F., not to be confused with Gil S. O's Fan is not very optimistic the venture will last much beyond the High Holidays, but that's his problem.

Anyway, Gil F. and I are learning from Art Scroll's new version of the Ramban's commentary on the Torah. If the introduction is any indication, it's pretty heavy yet compelling stuff. It will be a while until we finish the first volume but I figured that I will want the rest of the set for our library, so I searched on e-bay for the second volume.

Sure enough, I won an auction for it and paid a total of $20, including shipping, for an item that goes for around $30 in either websites or brick and mortar stores I have visited. The book came in this morning's mail. In addition to being glad to receive my bargain purchase, I was also quite amused that the seller was Trino Carrera of Ogden, Utah. Based on the other items he is selling and the box and shipping label, it was clear that he wasn't some major distributor. It's kind of funny if you ask me.

1 comment:

Just Shu said...

kind of makes you wonder where Trino picked a ramban from..