Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Curious Goy

Yesterday, after posting about my recent purchase, I e-mailed Trino asking how he came to own the book. Here is his response:

Thanks. Did you receive it already? Well, I am a goy, but interested in the Jewish religion, which I admire a lot, and I can read a little Hebrew etc. Part of the reason I sold this is I think Ramban is maybe a little deep for a non-Jew, maybe Rashi is OK. Plus my wife doesn't like me buying so many books. I hope you enjoy though, and that it's not a problem my having owned it previously. I'm not sure what the law is on items like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so very interesting... Are you going to strike up an e-mail friendship? I can picture a Hanoch Teller story emerging from this...!!

The Zwicker said...

I will e-mail him back when I get a chance.