Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Not Too Soon


There seems to be some controversy as to whether it's too soon for "United 93", a movie about Flight 93. For those not familiar or who don't remember, that was the fourth flight on 9/11, the one where brave passengers overtook their hijackers and brought their flight down in a Pennsylvania field rather than its intended target, which was likely the White House.

Having just seen the trailer, I have to say that it's time for this film. September 11, 2001, was arguably the worst day in this nation's history. We need to remember what happened on that day. The first bright spot that came from that terrible day was Todd Beamer and his fellow passengers fighting back on behalf of civilization. We need to remember the day's heroes as well as its villains.

If I had a family member who played a part in taking down Flight 93, I would be as proud as anything and would want someone to memorialize them in a tasteful manner. In fact, each and every family of the Flight 93 approved of "United 93", which does not have any stars or over the top special effects.

I understand that there are those people who will not be able to stomach the film, much the same way people cannot watch "Schindler's List" because of their sensitivities. I, though, have every intention of seeing it.

4 comments:

Noahdaddy said...

I will not be seeing this movie. Not because I dissaprove, but because the story is so raw that I don't think I can handle the movie from an emotional standpoint. I have always heard United 93 described as the first battle in the War on Terror. I don't necessarily know if I agree with that characterization. After all, Israel has been fighting terror for dozens of years. And the US has also been involved in anti-terrorist activities dating back to the Carter Administration. That being said, United 93 is one of the most inspiring battles in that War.

The Zwicker said...

Like I wrote in the original post, I fully understand your not wanting to see it just yet. If you prefer a book on the subject instead, I recommend "Among the Heroes" by Jere Longman. The author does his best to reconstruct and tell about what happened on Flight 93.

As far as being the first battle, that's the understanding of those who don't understand that with which Israel has dealt.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»