Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Great Chocolate Chip Mystery


On the Tuesday afternoon before this past Passover, I was getting ready to leave for Florida that night. It was pretty hectic since I had a few hours to get the dogs to their respective temporary homes, clean the house as immaculately as possible in case any prospective buyers came to see the house while we were away and pack before catching my flight. Lesley was in Las Vegas for a trade show and would meet me in Florida the next morning, so the dog moving and cleaning fell to me. During the afternoon, a Federal Express delivery man delivered a box to the house. The box was around the size of two shoe boxes and was addressed to Lesley's chocolate printing business but at our house rather than her office. I thought the delivery was suspicious since there was no sender information and Lesley moved her business from the house last summer. I was too busy to think about it though, so I just put the box in a corner.

This past Friday, as Lesley and I were unloading groceries and unpacking from our trip, I saw the box in the corner and mentioned it to her. She opened it to find nothing but chocolate chips. There was no paperwork or anything else in the box. We were very puzzled. I went on the FedEx website and entered the tracking number. The only information I got was that the box started it's journey to us at a FedEx station somewhere in New Jersey. Lesley then called FedEx, which told her that the sender was "FedEx Ground." They had no further information for her.

So, we have sitting in our house a few pounds of chocolate chips from an origin unknown and with no indication of being kosher. Unless we can unlock this mystery, the box and its contents will be at our curb with the garbage this coming Wednesday morning.

7 comments:

Noahdaddy said...

It sounds like the work of Al Queda. We better go attack.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»