Monday, April 17, 2006

All Hail Dougie


We've been in Miami Beach for Passover since last week. It's been a good time so far, enjoying the sun and spending time with friends and family. That even includes my great aunt who, for as long as I can remember, likes to mention whenever she sees me every two or three years, that she gave me a bath when I was a year old while on a family vacation in Israel. As of now, she has mentioned it at least four times. It makes me wonder what happened that made it so memorable.

Much more important though is the meal we had tonight. As you can guess from the logo at the beginning of this post, it was at Dougie's on 41st Street, from which I already had wings for lunch last Wednesday. Suffice to say that it was one awesome meal- blooming onion, sweet potato fries and the hot open roast beef platter, which came with fries. My favorite from Dougie's is usually the monster burger, but I shied away from it since there would be no bun to actually make it a burger. In the end, I was quite full and thinking that I should exercise some restraint and not finish the last few fries. That plan fell apart when Dougie himself stopped at our table and told me to finish my fries. I had no choice but to comply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»