Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mix Of My Life

I'm a huge music fan. While I started with just classic rock, my tastes have expanded over the years to also cover soul, jazz, country, rap, blues, reggae and a few other genres. For example, while in Florida this most recent Passover, I went to a flea market. It's not as trashy as you would think. It's all indoors and very clean and the "stands" are permanent mini-stores. Anyway, I bought CD's by Aerosmith, James Brown, Eminem and George Strait.

The other day, a blogger whose site I frequent put together the set list for the mix of his life. He chose one top 40 song from each year of his life. As with any good mix, he didn't repeat any artists. Mrs. AP has mentioned to me that I should start a music oriented meme and I thought that this was a good one. Lest you think of me as some music savant, know that I spent some time last week perusing lists of top 40 songs from each year. The following are not necessarily my 35 favorite songs from my lifetime. In most years, I selected my favorite song. In some, I selected a song that just jumped out at me. If I were to do this list again tomorrow, there may very well be some changes. In any case, feel free to comment or make your own list.

1970- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" by Stevie Wonder
1971- "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes
1972- "Tumbling Dice" by the Rolling Stones
1973- "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
1974- "The Entertainer" by Billy Joel
1975- "Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
1976- "Night Moves" by Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
1977- "Brick House" by the Commodores
1978- "Who Are You" by the Who
1979- "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers
1980- "Brass In Pocket" by the Pretenders
1981- "Starting Over" by John Lennon
1982- "Centerfold" by the J. Geils Band
1983- "Little Red Corvette" by Prince
1984- "Missing You" by John Waite
1985- "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins and Philip Bailey
1986- "Something About You" by Level 42
1987- "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" by the Georgia Satellites
1988- "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns 'N' Roses
1989- "Love Shack" by the B-52's
1990- "Nothing Compares To You" by Sinead O'Connor
1991- "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak
1992- "Mysterious Ways" by U2
1993- "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M.
1994- "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows
1995- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette
1996- "Santa Monica" by Everclear
1997- "Everyday Is A Winding Road" by Sheryl Crow
1998- "Jump Jive An' Wail" by the Brian Setzer Orchestra
1999- "All Star" by Smashmouth
2000- "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down
2001- "Drops of Jupiter" by Train
2002- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
2003- "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett
2004- "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet
2005- "Beverly Hills" by Weezer

6 comments:

The Zwicker said...

I thought your favorite would be "Who Are You". Or is that only when Mr. AP hums it?

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»