Monday, December 10, 2007

Just Another Lions Loss

Yesterday, Mrs. Zwicker and I attended her Uncle Mel's funeral in Louisville. When we returned to the in-laws' house to get the Zwickerette and take her to the shiva house, we found the babysitter had the Lions-Cowboys game on the television. I saw that the Lions were winning 27-21 with two minutes left. I confidently declared, "Final score, Cowboys 28, Lions 27, on a last second touchdown." My father-in-law and the babysitter looked at me quizzically, wondering how I could root against my home team. As the Cowboys drove down the field, I explained that any longtime Lions fan hopes for the best but knows that these things will happen.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So, does the title of the post, "Just Another Loss", refer to the Lions or Uncle Mel?

Anonymous said...

i actually thought he was referring to uncle mel until i read thru the whlo post...

Anonymous said...

that would be whole, not whlo

The Zwicker said...

I changed the post title. Better?

Noahdaddy said...

I think Uncle Mel could beat the Lions.

Just Shu said...

I had a glimmer of hope when I saw them knock the ball out of Romo's hands, only to see The lions kick it, and not fall on it, right back to the cowboys....

The Zwicker said...

Ah, young Shu, ye of even too much faith. Sooner or later you will learn to not even have a glimmer of hope.