Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Future Classic

I'm a big believer, at least with certain things, in planning ahead. One of those things is MNFBBQ. You don't just decide a few hours before hosting to go grocery shopping and see what the store happens to have in stock. Between January and August, when the NFL is in its offseason, you also don't wait until the last minute to get a movie. That's why I was glad, just 10 1/2 weeks before I host next, to find that American Pie 5: The Naked Mile will soon be hitting the shelves at our local Blockbuster.

After Air set the bar pretty high by showing American Pie Presents Band Camp in his MNFBBQ swan song hosting MNFBBQ, I think that I have found another film that will endure in our august organization's distinguished annals. After all, I cannot go wrong with a piece of art for which IMDB provides the following plot summary: The movie will shift its focus on Erik Stifler, the cousin of Matt and Steve (Seann William Scott in the first three films), a youngster who is nothing like his wild relations. Peer pressure starts to turn him to live up to the legacy of the other Stifflers when he attends the 'Naked Mile', a naked run across the college campus. Things get worse when he finds that his cousin Adam is the life of the party down at the campus. If that's not promising enough, the cast of stars guarantees success. Candace Kroslak, fresh off her star-making roles as Hot Chick in the White Christmas episode of Las Vegas and Girl #1 in the Slap Bet episode of How I Met Your Mother, leads the list of actors on IMDB's summary.

I just hope that the two MNFBBQ members who show movies before me don't beat me to the punch.

No comments: