Thursday, January 04, 2007

Twisting By The Pool

Okay, we didn't do much twisting by the pool. It was more like sitting by the pool. The former is just the title of a Dire Straits song I like. A few items of note:

-A kid asked if he could pet my shark. Get your minds out of the gutter. I was holding a large, inflatable shark for Mrs. Zwicker's sister's boyfriend's son.

-At Shabbat lunch, the shark petter's father, Ron, and another guy approached each other right near our table and said how each looked familiar to the other. Ron asked the other guy where he lived. The other guy answered, "In the city." After an awkward pause, the other guy explained that he lived in Manhattan. Boy, what a doofus Ron is. He clearly doesn't realize that New York is The City, to the exclusion of all others.

-I used to think that nothing could be more lame than "Cherish" by Kool and the Gang. I was wrong. "Cherish" by some Mexican poolside bar band is even lamer.

-Even in Spanish, Austin Powers is still hilarious.

-Not being Christian, I find that Christmas songs and lights just seem wrong when it's 85 degrees.

-There was plenty of fish ceviche. As the AP's know well, the two words rhyme with each other.

-This past Monday night, I lamented missing MNFBBQ. I made a point to eat a hamburger while my compatriots were doing the same in Michigan. I decided to make a bold improvisation and use guacamole dip instead of ketchup. I highly recommend it. Little did I know that I was missing possibly the worst MNFBBQ meeting ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) that's one thing we did NOT miss by not going with you guys this time!

The Zwicker said...

What thing was that?

Anonymous said...

fish s'vish. the thought of it still makes me queasy...